Y-Ball Check Valve
- Alloy: T316L
- Sizes: 1.50″, 2.00″, 2.50″, 3.00″ 4.00″ (In Stock)
- Ball: PTFE, (Standard), with optional Buna, EPDM and Viton®
- Polish ID/OD to a 3-A Sanitary Finish
- Temperature Range: 15°F to 195°F
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 145 PSI
Our T316L Sanitary Stainless Steel Y-Ball Check Valve is primarily found in the Beverage, Chemical, Dairy or Tank Industries where there is a need for the prevention of reverse flow of material.
Sanitary Solutions stocks a 4.00" Sanitary Y-Ball Check Valve - our competition stops at 3.00".
Our Y-Ball Check Valve works in conjunction with the Sanitary Stainless Steel Air Blow Check Valve. We keep a steady stock of both valves here in our warehouses located in West Columbia, South Carolina.
The working principle behind the Sanitary Stainless Steel Y-Ball Check Valve or Y-Body Check Valve begins as liquid enters the run of the y-ball check valve, the ball lifts up into the branch, thus allowing full flow of product. Upon recession of flow, valve pressure equalizes, then the ball returns and resides near the smallest area of the run, preventing back flow. If a reverse flow situation arises, opposing pressure of the product will place the ball against the run of the valve preventing back flow whether the valve is in a horizontal or vertical position.Note: Not a completely leak-proof valve. When closed, a small amount of fluid will often leak around the surface between the ball and the seat.
- Clamp connection, for easier cleaning, inspection or replacement of any worn parts.
- No special tools needed for service
- Standard PTFE Ball, and EPDM gasket. With optional EPDM, Viton® or Buna-N Ball
- Capped and bagged for protection
- Laser engraved with alloy, size and heat number for full trace ability.
Click here for the Material Test Reports
Call us at 1-888-909-3569 or 1-855-640-7871 for same day shipments.